How to Plan a Wedding in Mexico
First, research all the wedding venues in Mexico. At MeetMexico.com, it is our goal to make this process easier. Some venues have all the personnel to make arrangements for every detail, this may be most expensive but least worrisome route. Others offer just the venue and decorations but you need to find a wedding officiant, photographer, etc. The easiest way to do it is to hire a wedding planner. There are a number of wedding planners in Mexico, so again, you need to research their services online. Wedding planners generally have the contacts necessary to take care of all your wedding day wishes, from officiants to flower shop and music. If you prefer, you can mix and match. Find the venue you want, the wedding planner you want, as well as photographer and dj, etc.
Requirements for a Wedding in Mexico
It is important that the wedding coordinator received the following pieces of information, translated into Spanish:
- Copy of birth certificate, obtained within the last year, with the official stamp of the Secretary of State of the country of origin that certifies its authenticity. This is referred to in Spanish as “estampilla apostillada”, or Apostille Seal.
- Passport or copy of the driver’s license.
- If applicable, copy of Final Divorce Decree or Death Certificate of the previous spouse, again with the Apostille Seal. If the divorce occurred less than a year ago, then the marriage will need to be approved by a judge.
- Judge’s form.
- Tourist card.
- Visa that is issued upon entry into Mexico.
- Two witnesses with copies of their identification. These can be family (except the parents), friends, or anyone they have met or know. If necessary, witnesses may be provided by the venue.
- Health certificate and a blood test administered by an approved Mexican official. This may incur additional costs.
- Names and address of parents of the bride and groom.
- Mandatory prenuptial briefing and certificate of attendance. You will need to arrive a number of days early to attend the prenuptial course. Additional charges may apply.